Imagination is evidence of the DIVINE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 12, 2008

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10

What does this mean? How do we as women, achieve a state of stillness when we have so many responsibilities - and NOBLE ones at that? And why is stillness even necessary?
When life is chaotic...when stress is a daily experience for you- it is a message from your spirit, and from God, that a disconnection from Him has taken place. A "breach," if you will, in your spirituality. Negative emotions are the signal that the breach is in effect!
The best way to reconnect is to find stillness. Spirituality is HIGH MAINTENANCE! It's true, there's no other way to put it, and no other way to get around it. Stillness and Spirituality are states you CREATE. We should see ourselves as beings with the power to act, and part of that action requires a commitment to finding DAILY stillness.Yes, daily. I have found in my personal life that if I go even one DAY without creating a space for stillness I feel a difference (a negative one) the very next day. Prayer is a form of stillness or meditation for me so I try to do this every morning to get a good start.

6 comments:

amber and james said...

Mindy,
Your blog is so cute! You are so creative! Your family picture looks so good! I love your hair long and short!
You are so awesome! I miss seeing you in Young Womens!

SueAnn said...

Life is sooo chaotic and it is hard to find time to just be still and contemplate things by yourself or with Heavenly Father. Thanks for the reminder, I need to do better in that area!!!

Amberlee said...

Thanks for the awesome thought. In this chaotic world it can definitely be hard to find that stillness!

amber and james said...

Mindy,
You are so nice! You made my day! Thank you for the nice things you said! I just love you!

Pamcakes said...

Thank you so much for being inspirational, it is just what I needed to hear!!! Your blog is so cute. You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

mindy i love your blog and i love babysitting for you!!!