Well, I finally checked my blog and decided I needed to update. I have been so busy that I forget I have one. Some days I just want to close it, because I just do not have time. But it is nice to go back and see what has happened over the past few months and be reminded how I felt or the smiling faces of my kids. Don't be surprised if my blog does disappear though!
What's new.....hmmmm? Desiree will have her baby any day (along with Katie), Misty's Cheerleaders took first on Saturday and Randi got married. (she was beautiful) Jeff has been getting calls on work and is going out to bid jobs.....that has been a relief! The kids are healthy and I am nose deep into Young Women's.
I love the YW program. I did not fully understand it nor appreciate it growing up, but I feel I have been given another chance to experience it in a different light. I have almost completed my Personal Progress requirements and will for the first time recieve my YW Madallion. I have enjoyed the YW and especially the Mia Maids (since that is who I teach) they teach me so much about the gospel and how being strong no matter the temtations....that it's not about following the crowd but standing in your own light and taking responsibility for your own salvation. I knew this while growing up but ignored it and the consequences. It makes me wonder where my head was during all this cousel and advice. I can completly relate to the temptations they face on a daily basis but these girls are so determined to hold to their values that it makes me feel good to be apart of their lives at this time. I feel guilty because I gleam all I can from this program and suck it up like I've never had a taste before. I trully have learned more about the gospel by being appart of this program than the last six years of attending church like everyone else. It has done more for me spiritually than I had imagined and helped me through tough times. I am forever grateful for this opportunity to serve.
MY FAMILY, It seams like ever since Thanksgiving it has been an emotional rollercoaster ride. I want you all to know that I love you and we are a strong "BUNCH" and we can rise above anything that comes our way. Bryce and Katelin KEEP IT UP! Sarah - you never know what is instore. Ride the waves and you will land on the beach. Misty -hang in there I love you so much! Your stronger than you think. If I have learned one thing, I have learned that it DOES NOT matter what PEOPLE think about you. They can answer to the Lord for backbiting and lies and for assuming the worst. I know the truth and have been by your side through it all -along with the Lord. Desiree -YOUR AMAZING! Keep smiling sweet stuff! Jeff and kids thanks for being YOU! Jeff - YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME LAUGH and your a great friend to me and those around you. Your a great person with a great BIG heart! I appreciate your honesty and willingness to do what ever it takes to get the job done. Thanks for putting up with so much and thanks for being a great husband.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
For my Journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I absolutely agree about YW. It has been my favorite calling ever. I would be ok to be in there forever! Sometimes I just want to say to the girls--PLEASE listen to what I have to say it will make your life SO much easier if you follow this counsel! :) I have learned so much from them and I hope they walk away learning a little something. Sounds like things are busy at your house! :)
Wow! It's been forever since we've done anything together. It's crazy how fast time flies. I went to Utah last weekend and it just wasn't the same this time. We went with some girls who are so quiet and calm and not at all crazy like when we go. It was almost strange because one of the girls would hardly talk at all. Oh well- it was definitely fun in it's own way, but we'll have to go again someday. I knew this year wouldn't work because Katie is having her baby and who knows now when we can go again since SueAnn is having a baby too :) Life is definitely crazy and keeps us on our toes. I'm glad you're enjoying YW. I definitely learned a lot when I was a teenager from it and I think that YW leaders are SO important to the girls- keep up the good (hard?) work :) And... CALL US!
Post a Comment